Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread
Author: Subject: India October-November 2006 - Note 1
Lars-Åke
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2006-10-18 at 05:21 Reply With Quote
India October-November 2006 - Note 1

I have reached Bangalore after having spent some days in and around Mumbai.
- Friday evening October 13 I visited Rajnikant, Trupti and Chinmay.
- Saturday October 14 I went with Rajnikant, Dilip and Rao to the closest hill station Matheran which is ca 50 km away from central Mumbai but 110 km by car via Panvel and Neral. Matheran is only accessed on foot so we had to walk some km to reach the hut. We walked around the Matheran hilltop to center and to see the views from the Monkey point.
Matheran has a very pleasant climate compared to Mumbai. There are a lot of monkeys so you have to beware of your things.
We stayed until mid day Sunday and then returned to Mumbai.
One interesting part of this journey was to travel in the very hectic Mumbai traffic out to Panvel and then in rural traffic on the Pune highway. On the way out we where lucky to spot a King Cobra on the road. We managed to stop to see when it hunted and got a frog for lunch. Very interesting and rare action which you hardly get to see. I luckily managed to capture some photos of this.
- Monday October 16 I went to the center of Mumbai with Gateway of India and the Taj Hotel. From here I took the boat to the Elephanta Island where there is a temple. The boat ride is nice.
When back in Mumbai I had a look at some of the main points of interest as Marine Drive, Victoria Terminus etc.
- Tuesday October 17 I went to Mumbai domestic airport and took the SpiceJet flight to Bangalore. Here I'm staying with Shyam, Jyothi, Vishnu and Vasudev.
Lars-Åke
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2006-10-20 at 11:39 Reply With Quote
India trip 2006 - Note 2

- Wednesday October 18 I went out shopping with Jyothis sister Bharathi and then I went bying cloathes for myself together with Shyam.
- Thursday October 19 I spent out on the countryside closer to Mysore on extremely bumpy roads. I first went to the Somnathpur which is the only intact temple from the Hoysala period built in the 13th century. Then via Talakard to see the temples buried in desert like sand. Then further to Sivasamudram waterfalls before returning home.
- Today Friday October 20 Diwali has started.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diwali
There are a lot of crackers beeing fired. Tonight there will be fireworks and a lot of lamps. Special food are served.
I was eating a superb lunch on a banana leaf sitting on the floor together with the two families living here, except Shyam with family it is Pratap, Bharathi, Vibha and Shambavi and Jyothis and Bharathis father Ramachandra Rao.
Lars-Åke
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2006-10-22 at 16:29 Reply With Quote
India trip 2006 - Note 3

- Saturday October 21 Jyothi, Shyam and I went to a temporary outdoor market (during Diwali) where they sold handicraft and fod products from all of India. We then went for lunch in an old and very good local restaurant near the bothanica gardens Lal Bagh called Mavali Tiffen Room (MTR) where a lot of great Indian persons have come to eat like Indira Ghandi. We had Masala Dosa and Rava Idli.
In the evening I was collected by Sushant to spend some day with him and his family Madhulika, Aditi and Arpita. Ashish from Bhopal was also here. We fired a lot of Diwali crackers and rockets and had a very good north indian dinner.
- Sunday October 22 we spent in the center of Bangalore bying books and handicraft and eating lunch. This evening we fired the last crackers. Tomorrow it is again a normal workingday here in India. Now it is time for dinner.
Sanne
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 2006-10-23 at 13:56 Reply With Quote

Hej Du.
Godt at læse lidt om dine eksotiske oplevelser, mens vi andre sidder på job rundt omkring i det regnfyldte Skandinavien.
Jeg er nu ved at få styr på hvor mange vi bliver til Pub crawl den 11.11. Jeg har sendt en endelig invitation ud og venter nu spændt på hvor mange vi bliver. Ha det godt dernede i varmen
Hilsen fra Sanne
Lars-Åke
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2006-10-24 at 18:41 Reply With Quote
India trip 2006 - Note 4

- Monday October 23. Had breakfast and parted from Sushant, Madhulika, Aditi and Arpita. Sushant drove me back to Shyam and Jyothi. I visited Shyam at his office in Philips Innovation Centre in Bangalore where we also had lunch.
We had a good Diwali dinner and then went to Prataps and Bharathis house where their doughters Vibha and Shambavi together with their cousin Arpita sang and danced for us. Very nice it was.
- Tuesday October 24. Had a calm day where we had lunch at a new special restaurant in Jai Nagar closer to the center.
We were invited by Bharathi for dinner. Finally Shyam and I prepared for our trip to Madya Pradesh.

The coming days will look as follows for Shyam and me, we are unlikely to have internet access:
- Wednesday Oct 25 05.50 the plane leaves for Delhi. We go directly to the railway station for breakfast and train to Agra where we see Taj Mahal. Then train again to Gwalior where we stay two nights. Gwalior has a very big old fort on the mountin close to the city center.
- Friday Oct 27 we continue with train to Jhansi where we go continue to the small village Orcha which is a beautiful place with palaces and a river in nice surroundings. Here we stay three nights. It might happen that we also go to a world heritage site not very far away. Otherwhise we just have some calm days and have a look at Jhansi.
- Monday Oct 30 we then continue to Bhopal where we stay three nights and see the world heritage Sanchi among other things. We will also meet Madhulikas parents.
- Thursday Nov 2 Shyam takes an early flight back to Bangalore via Delhi. I take a late afternoon train from Bhopal to Mumbai where I stay until very early Sunday night Nov 5 when I fly back to Copenhagen via London Heathrow.
Post new thread

Go To Top